Everyone wants to have beautiful, straight teeth. However, most of us aren’t born with symmetrical, perfect smiles. But thanks to modern orthodontics, anyone can attain a more aligned bite and attractive set of teeth. Many patients wonder if Six Month Smiles or clear braces are better, but this greatly depends on the patient’s unique situation, preferences, and budget. Some patients may achieve better results with Six Month Smiles, while others might need clear braces to address more severe malocclusion or jaw concerns.
South Chico Dental Care offers Six Month Smiles to improve your smile without the commitment and hassle of conventional orthodontics. Here’s what you should know about Six Month Smiles and clear braces in Chico, CA.
Six Month Smiles vs. Clear Braces
Six Month Smiles are removable clear aligners, and clear braces are metal braces that use transparent or tooth-colored brackets. Both Six Month Smiles and clear braces are effective, safe options for correcting crooked, gapped, or crowded teeth; not to mention they’re both discrete compared to traditional braces.
Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles is a popular orthodontic treatment because they give patients straighter teeth in less time––generally only six months, hence the name. With Six Month Smiles, you can fix crooked, misaligned, or spaced teeth using removable plastic trays customized to your unique bite. Six Month Smiles is generally less expensive than conventional braces due to the shorter treatment time. Using the latest digital technology, our experienced professionals can provide safe, reliable, and effective results.
Clear braces work the same way metal braces do while providing the patient with a more aesthetically-pleasing smile. However, unlike metal braces, clear braces use porcelain, plastic, or ceramic materials to blend in better with the patient’s natural teeth. Clear braces may be used to correct more serious malocclusion or jaw issues, like underbites or overbites.
Clear braces have a few drawbacks compared to invisible aligners:
- They are more expensive than traditional braces.
- They can make your teeth sore.
- They require routine tightening and adjustments.
- Patients must follow a limited diet to avoid damage to the braces.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles
- Fast treatment – Average treatment time is only six months, making this system one of the fastest cosmetic orthodontic treatments available.
- Increased comfort – The low force these aligners use to move your teeth means no adjusting or tightening is required, like with clear braces.
- Lower cost – Six Month Smiles typically costs less than other treatments because it takes less time and only involves the front teeth.
- Decreased visibility – Six Month Smiles’ invisible aligners are clear, so no one will even know you’re wearing them!
Learn More About Six Month Smiles in Chico, CA
Do you have crooked or overlapping teeth? Do you wish you had a gorgeous smile you felt more confident sharing with the world? Please call us today to schedule your orthodontic consultation with Dr. Daniel Surh at South Chico Dental Care. We will assess your smile and develop a treatment plan that works for you!